Shoes!!! need I say more, along with Diamonds, they are a girl’s best friend, I cherish mine so much, they have their own place in Mahashouse, where I visit once a day 🙂
Unless you’re blessed with nice toes, I would steer away from open toe sandals/shoes, also consider comfort before you splash out ‘note to self’, I’ve often spent a ridiculous amount of money on high heels uncomfortable shoes, that I ended up wearing just the once, high heels is not necessarily uncomfortable, but indeed the way they are made, so think twice, or better yet, when shopping, take a friend with you to help you decide, specially if they are an expensive piece, make sure too that they are an investment piece, that you can dig them out any time you need them, and that they won’t just be for one season and then go out of fashion.
So here are my top 7 picks for this season.
- At number one Alaïa’s sandals have been crafted from black suede and finished with button-like straps that mimic the label’s signature laser-cut patterns. They’re interspersed with polished gunmetal pyramid studs to add a hint of shine. Style yours with a cocktail dress or sharp tailoring.
2. At number 2, are these sexy Mules, I love Mules and will wear one whenever I’m on a date night with my other half, Gianvito Rossi’s crimson satin mules are one of my favorite styles from the Resort ’17 collection. Embodying effortless evening glamour, this lustrous pair is set on a pin-thin heel and detailed with frothy frayed trims at the crossover front. Showcase yours with a cropped hem.
3. Dolce & Gabbana’s opulent ‘Bianca’ sandals have a sculptural crystal-embellished block heel and buckle. Crafted from supple black suede and lined in leather, this pair has crossover straps and an elegant peep toe. Keep them in focus with midi hemlines. This is an investment piece.
4. The Row is synonymous with modern sophistication. A sleek take on the classic loafer, this ‘Noelle’ version is crafted from the softest suede and complete with a low heel and padded insole to ensure around-the-clock comfort. Wear yours with everything from tailoring to jeans. Blessed to own this one, they are on the smaller size though, The Row have enovated the round heal.
5. Givenchy’s boots have been meticulously crafted from smooth stretch-leather – the sleek over-the-knee silhouette is a must-have this season. Set on a slight heel, they’re trimmed with the label’s signature silver chain. Showcase yours with midi hemlines.
6. I told you ‘I love Mules’. Prada’s mules have been beautifully made and hand-finished from smooth black suede with an elegant ‘V’-shaped front – love how it creates a flattering leg-lengthening effect. Wear this timelessly chic pair with everything from tailored pants to midi skirts and dresses.
7. Last but not least by any means, Alaïa’s sandals are expertly crafted from soft black suede that’s laser-cut in a signature geometric pattern. Set on a slender 90mm heel, they’re designed with two wide straps that elegantly frame and flatter the foot and a slim ankle one for extra support. Keep yours in focus with cropped pants and midi dresses.
Alaïa is another pride for Arabic fashion designers, although his fashion house operates from France, Azzedine Alaïa is originally Tunisian.