Finally a delicious & healthy dessert, that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but will also be healing to your gut, if you suffer with ‘dysbiosis’ which is a gut bacteria imbalance, and or struggling to quit sugar, then here’s a recipe that will help you with both,
You may also need to click this link which will take you to my blog, for easy steps to help you quit sugar.
- A few organic green or stewing apples, cored and cut into cubes. You don’t have to peel them.
- A handful of organic berries, if its out of season then you can use frozen berries, which is just as good. ‘Never use any tinned fruits’
- 1 tbs cold pressed coconut oil.
- A handful of chopped walnuts.
- 2 tsp Cylon cinnamon & powder ginger.
- a small pinch of nutmeg.
- 1 Cup of Oats.
- 30 g or so of unsalted butter.
- A handful of raisins.
- Half a cup of water.
- 1 tbs of either organic maple syrup, or good quality local raw honey.
Pre heat the oven to 200 degress, Stew the apples as per my recipe
In a Baking pyrex dish lay the cooked apples, for the crumble, in a bowl mix the oats, the rest of the cinnamon, butter, coconut oil, walnuts & honey OR maple syrup. Crumble on top of the stewed apples and bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or untill golden but NOT burnt. Enjoy x