When it comes to Omega 3, bone & thyroid health, Sardines are one of my favourite oily fish, so high in EPA, B12, Selenium, Calcium, Vitamin D, Phosphorus, B3, Iodine, Choline & Copper, Sardines are usually small wild fish that are not farmed, so a good choice as an anti inflammatory food. I try to incorporate it in my diet as often as I can.
This recipe is nutrient dense & the lemon sauce is so yummy.
- Half a Kilo fresh small sardines.
- 2 Organic Tomatoes ‘diced’.
- 2 Organic yellow or red peppers ‘diced’.
- 5 Lemons squeezed, leave the peel to go in the dish.
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic.
- 1 tsp cumin.
- A bunch of fresh coriander ‘chopped’.
- 2 sprigs of Organic celery ‘chopped’.
- 2 tbs cold pressed olive oil.
- Black pepper to garnish.
Marinade the fish in garlic, lemon, cumin, olive oil. Then assemble all the rest of the ingredients, toss well and bake in a medium preheated oven for no more than 30 minutes, Once cooked pour in some more lemon juice for that extra zing & Alkalising effect, enjoy with a fresh summer salad and some Tahini click on the links for recipes.