All disease being in the gut ‘Hippocrates’
Having a good digestive system, starting from your mouth ‘chew chew train’ to your large intestines, is key to your overall health.
You could be eating the best diet for you, never the less, if your stomach acid is not high enough to digest your food, kill pathogens, then you may bloat with indigested food, leading to SIBO ‘small intestine bacterial over growth’ or worse, leaky gut.
Here are 5 reasons why you may have low stomach acid:
- As we grow older, our stomach acid naturally declines.
- Taking several courses of antibiotics/ penicillin.
- Taking proton pump inhibitors ‘acid blockers’ for long periods of time.
- Drinking soda drinks ‘they have an alkalising effect on your stomach.
- Low levels of B12 due to malabsorption or a vegan diet.
If you constantly bloat & suffer with indigestion then try this recipe before your meals, to better produce hydrochloric acid, helping you digest your food better.
You will need a clean airtight jar
- 300 grams fresh ginger
- 2 tbs Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 cup of organic apple cider vinegar ‘with the mother’
Peal the ginger and slice thinly as per the image attached, add to the gar and top with the rest of the ingredients, place the jar in a cool dark cupboard, leave to ferment for a few days.
Once open, place in the fridge and consume a table spoon before your main meal. Try it for a few days, if you find you start to produce too much acid, then you need to stop.
Write and let me know how you get on. X