Let me just assure you ‘prawns will NOT raise your cholesterol’, prawns are protein rich and are a very good source of vitamin B12, iron and phosphorus. They are a good source of healthy fats and many vitamins and minerals, so go ahead, try this yummy delicious curry and not only you’ll be hooked, you will also gain the health benefits of its nutritional value. Whenever you see this mark * by a food ingredient, I need you to try and source it organic.
- 1/2 kilo of wild Prawns/shrimps
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 tbs of extra virgin fresh olive oil
- 1 small head of garlic, crush and let infuse for a few minutes before cooking
- A handful of fresh baby spinach *
- 2 chopped courgettes *
- Juice of 4 fresh tomatoes *
- 2 Stalks of celery * chopped
- 1/2 cm fresh ginger diced
- 1 tbs curry powder
- A generous pinch of sea or Himalayan salt
- A pinch of black pepper to garnish with, always use black pepper as a garnish, never cook it.
Sauté the onions in the olive oil till translucent, then add the garlic, ginger, celery, curry powder, salt and stir for a minute, add the tomato juice, let simmer till it reduces slightly & the tomatoes are cooked, add the courgettes, spinach, cook for a further 10 minutes on a medium heat, finally add the prawns and cook till the colour changes for a maximum of 7 minutes, serve with Basmati rice and a green salad.