Bloating causes burping which can be quite a distressing issue, not only embarrassing in most cultures! but can also be very uncomfortable, causing you stomach pain & or gas, the pain can even be in the upper part of your chest, which can be worrying; when all it is really, is an acid reflux.
Belching is the body’s way of releasing gas in the digestive tract through the mouth. If you take acid blockers, then you kill digestion, & if you kill digestion then you’ll suffer from malnutrition. Fix it naturally.
So what causes belching, burping or gas, the answer is not just one thing but a combination of factors, including:
- Talking while you eat, which allows air into your stomach
- Carbonated drinks
- Certain foods, such as beans, cabbage etc..
- Chewing gum
- H Pylori
Here’s 7 things you can do to reduce belching/gas commonly knows as burping.
- Don’t talk while you eat
- Avoid Soda drinks, champagne, beer, as it causes accumulation of gas in the digestive tract.
- If you must chew gum, then make sure your mouth is closed while you chew, I would avoid it all together really.
- Indigestion, chew your food well, making it easier on your digestive system to handle the food you’re eating, specially if its acidic like meat. Slippery elm helps.
- Have a cup of hot ginger tea, or chew on a piece of ginger ‘Not if you’re on blood thinners though,like warfarin’ as ginger is anti coagulant.
- Have a small spoon of apple cider vinegar & some lemon in a glass of water before you eat.
- Don’t eat too fast as this will trap air too. & finally if you’ve been tested positive for H Pylori then there’s a different protocol for treatment.