This recipe, is not only full of Nutrients and good fats, but minerals too. Enjoy.
- 3⁄4 cup raw cashews
- 3⁄4 cup hot filtered water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- a piece of root turmeric or powder if you can’t get the root
- 1 (1⁄2- to 1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch rounds
- 2 clove garlic
- 11⁄2 to 2 tbs curry powder
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 kilo medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium carrots, cut into cubes or shredded
- 1 medium Courgette.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 stalks of green onions
- 1 stalk of celery
In a blender, mix the cashews, water, coconut milk, ginger, garlic, turmeric, Curry powder & red peppers.
Separately in a Saucepan, saute the cut vegetables in olive oil on medium heat, till soften then add the shrimps, curry paste made in the blender, simmer and cook for no more than 20 minutes, here I top it with cilantro and some greens, I serve it with boiled organic brown rice…Yum x