Why would I bother?? an intrigued lady asked!! well the answer is here:
- Control of what ingredients you use
- Harmful chemicals avoided
- Products can be infused, blended and adapted
- Cost effective
- Products designed around ethical beliefs
- Left over food, herbs or packaging can be used
Using products containing the following chemicals on a regular basis can feel incompatible with a holistic lifestyle.
Some of the chemicals to look out for in your daily routine,
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)
- Propylene Glycol
The daily skincare routine is an important personal ritual with benefits to each skin type.
• Daily, am & pm
• Massage in circular movements, remove with a muslin cloth, flannel or cotton wool
Locks in moisture Massage in after toning
Caster Cleansing Oil
Oil cleansing helps to dissolve impurities, remove dirt while nourishing the skin at the same time
- 60 mls Caster oil
- 40 mls Olive oil (or any other vegetable oil of your choice)
How to use:
Massage onto skin in circular motions, remove with a damp warm, muslin cloth or flannel.
Dry skin toner
- 50 mls rose water hydrolat
- 50 mls chamomile hydrolat
Oily skin toner
- Apple cider vinegar and lavender balancing toner
- 30 mls part apple cider vinegar
- 70 mls lavender hydrolat
Sensitive Skin Toner
- 50 mls Chamomile hydrolat
- 50 mls Lavender hydrolat
Home Recipe – Tea Bag Toners Anti oxidant Toner
2 x green tea bags, infused in distilled water for a minimum of 4 hours.
Sensitive skin toner
- 2 x chamomile tea bags, infused in distilled water for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Replace tea bag toners every 4 days, store in the fridge.
Lavender and Oat Face Scrub
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender flowers, ground
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teabag, opened (green tea or nettle)
- Rub the oats with fingers to break down into finer pieces
- Add lavender, contents of selected teabag, poppy seeds and almond oil.
- Ensure the mixture is immersed in the oil. Store in an airtight jar. Mix with a 10 pence size of water (or specialised ton
Home Recipe – Avocado and Honey Mask
1 teaspoon of Honey
Mix together to form a smooth paste and leave on for 10 minutes
Rich Night Cream
40 ml Rosehip seed Oil
40 ml Borage seed Oil
50 ml Rose water
5 drops Frankincense essential oil 20g Beeswax
- Melt the beeswax in a bain marie
- Once melted, add the Borage and Rosehip seed oil
- Remove from the heat as soon as it has returned to liquid, whisk until it begins to set
- Slowly, add the rose water, small amounts at a time, whisk until absorbed. Repeat
until all the rose water has been added to the mixture.
Whisk in the essential oil, allow to cool before spooning into pots.
Soothing Eye Mask
- 2 teaspoons Aloe Vera
- 1 teaspoon Honey
Mix the two ingredients together, apply around the eye socket area (not too close to the eye), and relax with cucumber slices over the eyes for 20 minutes.
Healing Facial Ointment
- 40 ml Calendula oil (preferably macerated)
- 20 ml Almond Oil
- 20 ml Olive Oil
- 12 g Beeswax
Melt the beeswax in a bain marie Gently whisk in the oils
This mixture will be hot, care should be taken when pouring into pots Use a small amount morning and evening over sensitized or delicate areas