Nuts are a power house of Nutrients, specially Almonds and Walnuts, with their high levels of Calcium & Omega 3 consecutively, walnuts have a 5:1 ratio of Omega 3 to 6, which is good news for anyone with inflammation, as for the Calcium in almonds, its a very good source for dairy free adults like myself.
Here’s 7 reasons why I soak my nuts over night, then dehydrate them in either a dehydrator or in a very low heat oven for a few hours.
- Nuts contain high amounts of Phytic acid, so soaking them will remove or reduce it.
- They also contain tannins so again soaking them over night will remove or reduce tannins.
- Nuts have high amounts of enzyme inhibitors which is neutralised during soaking.
- Soaking nuts will encourage the production of beneficial enzymes.
- Soaking nuts will increase the amounts of vitamins available, especially the B vitamins, will also make proteins more readily available for absorption.
- Prevention of mineral deficiencies and bone loss.
- To help neutralize toxins in the colon and keep the colon clean, & the bonus is the taste is so much better & enhanced.
So there you have it, make sure you soak your organic nuts and dehydrate them before eating them.